Friday, January 8, 2010

Leap Year

I know this is a book blog, but, well... its actually just my blog, so I guess I can review whatever I like {or don't like} can't I?  I'll keep this just to reviews, though.


Description:
When their four-year anniversary passes without a marriage proposal, Anna (Amy Adams) decides to take matters into her own hands. Investing in an Irish tradition that allows women to propose to men on February 29th, Anna decides to follow her boyfriend Jeremy (Adam Scott) to Dublin and get down on one knee herself. But airplanes, weather and fate leave Anna stranded on the other side of Ireland, and she must enlist the help of handsome and surly Declan (Matthew Goode) to get her across the country.


I went to see this today with my mom and my best friend.  It is most definitely a "chick flick", but in the way that I absolutely love them.  My husband would probably be pretty indifferent towards this film if I sat him down to watch it with me.  I, however, would {and will} probably watch this numerous times with my girlfriends, loving it!  This movie took the tradition wholesome chick flick {inserting a few curses} and brought it back to us in full.  Yes, almost any male reading this would probably shudder, but any woman knows what I'm talking about.

And how about adventure?  Every woman wants to go on an adventure with her love or to find her love, and this is one of those movies where that happens.  I left the theater craving some kind of adventure, wanting to go somewhere I've never been and see places I've never even seen in pictures.  Well, maybe not that far, but I want to explore a new place... I'm thinking Maine...

PS - Does anyone else find it ironic that this movie came out a year that does not "leap"?

No comments: