Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

Description:
Meet Ed Kennedy-underage cab driver, pathetic card player, and useless at romance. He lives in a shack and he's hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence, until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery. That's when the first Ace arrives.That's when Ed becomes the messenger.
Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary), until only one question remains. Who's behind Ed's mission?


I found at a used bookstore, it was definitely worth the money, even though I actually put it down for a month or so about three-quarters of the way through. The book can essentially be separated into four parts, one for each card.  The nice thing about that is each part can actually be read whenever you have time.  Unfortunately, if you read reviews, you also know that means its not exactly the most riveting book out there.  When I started reading this, I read the first three parts {the first three cards} in succession, because I was really curious what was going to happen with the cards and how Ed was going to deal with it.  {The first card is incredibly interesting.}  However, by the time I got to the last card, I was a little less hooked.  Partially because I knew who the card was for {not a whole lot of guessing and you would figure it out as well}, but also because I had some other books that I found a little more entertaining at the time.  However, I would recommend this to others, as this story of Ed Kennedy, the messenger, is a good read.


PS - Sorry about the kind of shoddy review, but I actually finished reading this in January, so its not exactly fresh in my mind.  Especially since I've also read at least 6 books in the meantime!

No comments: