Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every week there is a different top ten topic.  You can find the list of topics here, both past and upcoming.  This week is:

Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read list
{Mine is a wish list of sorts, but the first book is actually the one I'm currently reading}

1. What-The-Dickens: The Story of a Rogue Tooth Fairy by Gregory Maquire.  I've picked up this book a couple of times and usually get about 80 pages into it, then put it down for another book.  Not this time!

2.  Of Poseidon by Anna Banks.  I've had this on my Goodreads to-read list since I saw it on a giveaway last November.  Yeah, November!  I almost picked it up at the bookstore last week, but then I remembered I still have quite a few books on my to-read shelf right now.  I'm hoping to start reading more so I can get to the books I want to read that are not on my shelf at home.

3. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa.  I'm so glad this is coming out soon.  So. Glad.

4. Winter's Shadow by M.J. Hearle.  Okay, this really is a wish list item, because it still hasn't been released in the US!  Yeah, I know!  I read the first 80 pages what feels like a millions years ago, when he posted them on his website.  I really would like to finish this book since the second one in this series is going to be out in a couple months... oh, and the first line of the description? Spoiler!

5. Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr.  I love her take on the Fae.  Very well written.  Plus, every time I pick up these books it seems to be spring.  So they remind me of decent weather {weather is never good here in WA during the spring, but we get a few decent days}.



6. The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott.  My sister-in-law just finished this a little while ago, and she said is was brilliant.  And I've had it on my to-read list for a little bit.  Plus, its about the Titanic.  Which is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its voyage {and demise} this April.  I think that would be incredibly appropriate to read then.

7. The Gilly Salt Sisters by Tiffany Baker.  Different from the usual on my reading list, but it really intrigues me.  Read the description, I bet it'll catch you too.

8. Ireland Rose by Patricia Stefling.  Much like what I used to read, so it seems very interesting to me.  Plus, I love me some historical fiction!

9. Who Is The Doctor: The Unofficial Guide to Doctor Who-The New Series by Graeme Burk & Robert Smith.  I'm addicted to the show, wouldn't it make sense that I would want to read the book about the series?

10. Evermore by Alyson Noel.  I've been teetering on the edge of "to read or not to read" with this series, and I just picked up the first three books from a local used bookstore for only $6 altogether.  So, I figure now I'm leaning more on the "to read" side of that mental argument, right?

3 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

This is such an awesome list - there are so many books I want to read too - like Faery Tales & Nightmares.

kayerj said...

Looks like some great spring reading! kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Megan@YA? Why Not? said...

Here's the deal with the Evermore series-it starts out pretty good, kind of drags in the middle, but has a satisfying end. The guys in the book are pretty dreamy! I have seen the Anna Banks book on a few lists, I think I will have to check it out.