Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by the lovelies at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that are eagerly anticipated.

Author: Kady Cross
Publication date: May 22nd, 2012

In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.

I enjoyed the first of this series, although I think I might have liked The Strange Case of Finley Jane a little more than the longer first book... which I'm hoping means with each of these books, I will be enjoying the author's style more and more.  The first book seemed a bit too predictable for me, and I enjoy being shocked in a book.  I don't think there were a whole lot of "no way!" moments for me while reading The Girl in the Steel Corset, and I'm hoping this one has much, much more!  Oh, and I love Jasper in this, partially because I get the mental picture of Jackson Rathbone when I read about him...

3 comments:

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

This sounds awesome! Great pick!

Lisa @ Lost in Literature
My WoW

Farah said...

Man, I really want to read that but I have to go through the first book first. I will... someday... Lol. Awesome pick!=D

Thanks for dropping by my WoW! :D

TheBookSlayer said...

Hmm, I've never really read what you consider a "steampunk" book but this one sounds interesting. I'm officially intrigued! Thanks for sharing!

*Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier :)