Thursday, May 3, 2012

Powells Stash

I was originally going to write this as a slightly late IMM, but I didn't get a chance to get to it before my surgery on Tuesday {so far healing up fine, thanks!}.  And I figured I would write it later, but that didn't happen because I've been so out of it since my surgery that the only REALLY coherent times I have are when my painkiller starts to wear off.  Okay, enough of that rambling... on to the stash!


About half of these are {obviously} continuations for a series I've been meaning to finish {or in some cases even just start}.  Yes, there are two little American Girl Short Stories on the top of that pile.  I've been a huge fan of Kirsten since I was a kid {I even have the doll!}, and now that she's been discontinued, I want to try to get as many of her books as I can.  Plus, they were only $2/each.

Carrier of the Mark was kind of picked up on a whim.  I saw it there on the shelf, for only $6 and thought, I'm pretty sure I've read good reviews of this.  So I grabbed it.  Have you read it?  Did you like it?

Divergent was picked up for the obvious reason: these books have taken over the blogger world by force, so I really felt like I needed to pick this one up.

Forever by Judy Blume is honestly something I heard was good for parents to read before their children "come of age".  The hubs and I don't have any kids yet, but I thought it would be something good to pick up in anticipation for the day we might need this.

The Faerie Ring I've already read.  I loved it, and you can find my review here.  This was one I saw {again, used and a great deal + no tax!}, and I knew I needed it on my bookshelf.

I haven't read any of the Iron Fey series {I know, I know}, so those were on my list of must buy while at Powells... Oddly enough, they didn't have the Iron Queen, nor did any other bookstores around there.  Kind of weird.  Just a guess, but is that most people's favorite book in the series?

Thirst no. 4... I've read the first one, and I really enjoyed it.  The rest have been on my bookshelf, waiting to be read.  I picked this one up because it was only $5 and finished off the set for when I did decide to pick them up and do a read through.

The last 3 of the Vampire Academy series.  I've read the first three on my Sony Reader {yep, got that a few years back, and its now pretty much collecting dust.  But I can't get rid of it, because I have a TON of books on it}, and for some reason I just didn't finish the series.  Probably because I didn't ever purchase the others... so I thought this would be a great time to pick them up... and wouldn't you know that I found them all for super cheap, and they're hardcover copies {I have a thing for hardcovers}.

So, that's my stash.  Yeah, there were other books I wanted to get, but between needing the rest of my cash for food and a way home, this was it.  Oh, and I did pick up a couple new journals and a map of lighthouses down the BC/WA/OR coast {the hubs and I are lighthouse junkies}.

No comments: