Friday, February 21, 2014

I'm a Giver!


That's right, I'll be participating in World Book Night 2014 on April 23!  I'm so excited and have wanted to join in the giving fun for the last couple years.  I discovered it too late in 2012, so I wasn't able to get my application in before the deadline.  And if you read my blog at all in the last year, year and a half, you would know I had a little bundle arrive in February 2013, so I didn't even apply that year knowing I would be busy learning the ropes of being a new mom.

But this year... This year is the year I get to join in the fun and spread the love of reading to my community!  I selected Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein as the book I want to hand out {it's so good}, and am super excited to be giving this to 20 lucky people.

I've received a lot of good tips from previous WBN Givers via Twitter, but am always looking for more.  So far I've got: 1) Smile! Lots!; 2) Wear your Giver sticker/button to identify yourself as a non-creeper; 3) Be ready to talk about the book I chose; 4) HAVE FUN!  I think that pretty much encompasses the whole thing, LOL.  I am a little nervous about talking to strangers about a book I love {I'm very much an introvert, but there is no time like the present to try to get past that, now is there?}!

Here's a BIG question that I have in regards to this: I want to give those reading this book a little more of a push towards finishing and getting in touch with me again.  I've gotten the go-ahead from my hubs to spend some money on this, and I wanted to offer the readers a chance to be put in a drawing for the follow up {not quite a sequel, but kind of, or so I'm told} to my book of choice - Rose Under Fire.  Obviously, if I'm going to do this I need to read the book and take some notes on it as well, but what do you guys think?  Is this something that is allowed as a WBN Giver?  Thoughts please!

Are you participating in World Book Night 2014?  If so, is it your first time {like me} or are you a veteran Giver?  What book are you giving {or, if you're not giving this year, what book would you give from the list of books supplied by WBN?}?

No comments: