Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey | Review

Title: Anything You Can Do
Author: R.S. Grey
Pages: 247
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Goodreads rating: 4.14 Stars
Published:  February 2nd, 2017
Source: ebook/bought

Description:


Lucas Thatcher has always been my enemy.

It’s been a decade since I’ve seen him, but our years on opposite coasts were less of a lasting peace and more of a temporary cease-fire. Now that we’re both back in our small town, I know Lucas expects the same old war, but I’ve changed since high school—and from the looks of it, so has he.

The arrogant boy who was my teenage rival is now a chiseled doctor armed with intimidating good looks. He is Lucas Thatcher 2.0, the new and improved version I’ll be competing with in the workplace instead of the schoolyard.

I’m not worried; I’m a doctor now too, board-certified and sexy in a white coat. It almost feels like winning will be too easy—until Lucas unveils a tactic neither of us has ever used before: sexual warfare.

The day he pushes me up against the wall and presses his lips to mine, I can’t help but wonder if he’s filling me with passion or poison. Every fleeting touch is perfect torture. With every stolen kiss, my walls crumble a little more. After all this time, Lucas knows exactly how to strip me of my defenses, but I’m in no hurry to surrender.

Knowing thy enemy has never felt so good



My Thoughts:


I think this book is a lot better than I give it credit for.  Here's my reasoning: I read this right after The Hating Game.  Just don't do that.  They're both pretty stellar books, but Lucy from THG was like my ultimate girl crush/kindred spirit, and Daisy from Anything You Can Do is not.  While I can totally understand the hating game Daisy and Lucas have going on, its much, much more hate than Lucy and Joshua, and it seems more intense and spiteful  Of course, if Lucy and Joshua had been playing the hating game for their entire lives, it probably would have been just as intense!


Daisy is sweet and excited to be taking over her hometown's small medical practice.  Its her dream, something she worked for all through college and her residency.  She worked hard for her dream... only to have it turn into a nightmare with the knowledge of one person returning to their small town: Lucas Thatcher.  Rivalry started since birth, Daisy is not one to just hand the practice or {god forbid} share it.  Daisy and Lucas try everything to get the other person to give up and hand over the office, from pranks to actually attempting to cause each other physical harm.


While Daisy loathes Lucas {and the whole town has known it since day one}, an interesting twist happens about halfway through the book when the reader is given a glimpse into Lucas' mind.  I love that the author added this little insight, because it brings a new light on Lucas and everything that's going on between him and Daisy.  This little bit that the author gives us is pure gold, and I love that she included it.  It makes the book just that much more enjoyable.


My only advice I would give to other readers is to read Anything You Can Do before The Hating Game.  They are both amazing books, but the latter kind of overshadows the former.  If I could do it again , I'd read them in that order.  Both are amazing in their own way {while being similar}, and that's would have been the best way for me to enjoy them!  That being said, I plan on getting another R.S. Grey book ASAP!



No comments: