Monday, July 10, 2017

Checkmate: This is Dangerous by Kennedy Fox | Review

Title: Checkmate: This is Dangerous
Author: Kennedy Fox
Pages: Unknown {Kindle Edition}
Publisher: CreateSpace
Goodreads Rating: 4.82 stars
Published: July 6th, 2017
Soure: EBook/From Author

Description:

Logan Knight is a real life knight in shining armor. A detective godsend in a sleek black suit has me thinking less than secretive thoughts. Brooding and mysterious, he’s the kind of guy every girl instantly notices. Between his seductive smirk and charming good looks, it’s no wonder I can’t help the way he makes me feel whenever I’m near him. Too bad he’s unavailable—or so he says.

He thinks I’m a do-gooder who shouldn’t get involved with a guy like him. His past is messy and relationships just add to that. He insists the timing is all wrong and he’s devoted to his career, but I don’t buy that excuse for a second. I see the way his body tenses and his jaw ticks every time another guy is around me. He just won’t admit it, but I’m more determined than ever to show him what he’s missing. 

I’m a devoted animal rescuer and I’ll risk everything to save them, but when a dramatic turn of events puts both our lives at risk, I’m positive Logan will write me off for good. But when he asks for my help with a personal crisis, I know it’s my last chance to finally show him I can handle anything he throws my way—messy past and all.

He might think he has me all figured out, but I’ll prove him wrong no matter what he thinks. This game of push and pull has me running in circles. One wrong move and we could both lose.


Checkmate, Knight.



My Thoughts:


Whew!!  Well, this was definitely one of the steamier reads I've picked up in a while!  That being said, I really enjoyed every bit of it!

Kayla Sinclair is a sweetheart with a rough past that just made her even more kind towards others {4-legged and 2-legged}.  She's an amazing interior designer, dog mom and shelter volunteer.  Her three dogs are her family and she adopted them from the local shelter she helps at.  While she has no prince charming in her life, she did name all of her fur babies after Disney princes, which pretty hilarious and sweet {a lot like Kayla!}!

Logan Knight is a great guy and an amzing friend of Kayla's, who just so happens to be the exact kiind of man she's looking for.  While he's always there for her, he's bbeen friend--zoned, but not by Kayla!  Not looking for any romantic relationships, Logan is incredibly drawn to Kayla but refuses to pursue her because of his past and how he's trying to shape his future.  But fate made them perfectly for each other, and its just a matter of time until they give in and accept what has been lined up for them.

Kayla and Logan have a chemistry that explodes off the page and just consumes the reader!  It's amazing, and completely captivating, and I just can't get enough.  I was wondering how long it would take Logan to give in to his need to be there for Kayla, more than just the friend he'd delagated himself as.  I love that they are such amazing friends, bbut I felt for Kayla every time Logan pushed her away.  And I felt for Kayla every time Logan kindled that spark into a flame, then walked away.  Most stories that are similar have the female lead acting clueless and in the dark, but Kayla knew Logan more than liked her, and was biding her time.

There are ssome amazing twists and turns this story takes, but the ending has me waiting on pins and needles foor September and the connclusion of Kayla and Logan's duet.  Because, KFox, how could you leave all of us hanging like that??  Probably one of the best endings I've read in a while that left the reader completely flabergasted and needing more now.  Thankfully, I've yet to read the first two duets in this series, and have books one and two ready and waiting on my Kindle!


No comments: