Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Books I Want To Reread

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  I've seen it for the last couple months on Gripped into Books, and I thought this week I would join!  I might even do last weeks, just because I like it.  I'll post date it if I do...

The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien - I loved these the first time I read them.  And the second.  They are riveting, funny, astonishing... everything good in a book is in these.  I almost just want to stop my list here, with the first one.  These are amazing books.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - This is the ultimate in Christian romance novels.  The ultimate.  I cried so much, both tears of frustration and joy.  The characters are loveable and broken... this is Francine Rivers' ultimate best book.

The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis - This is my favorite book from the Chronicles of Narnia... maybe tied with The Horse and His Boy, but its so close.  I love the story that begins the amazing place that is Narnia!

Rivers of Gold by Tracie Peterson - Okay, honestly I didn't like this series a whole lot {the author left something to be desired in her writing style}.  But I loved this book.  I love the female lead in it.  She's so charming and innocent, and she finds such a wonderful man!

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - Its amazing.  It just is.  Read it.

Goddess of Spring by P.C. Cast - Persephone and Hades.  And the picture she paints of the Underworld?  Beautiful.  {Didn't think you'd read that in a description, did you?}  The House of Night books aren't the best, but I think that can be blamed on the two different writers and writing styles that go into it.

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks - Yes, its sad.  We all know how it ends, too.  Buts its SO good!

Magnus by Sigmund Brower - One of the first novels I read just because I wanted to.  Its wonderful historical fiction.  I haven't read it in probably around five years, but I've had it in my bookshelf for about thirteen!  And I would say I read it about 10 times in the first five years.

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev - The third book came out last week in this series, and I want to reread the whole thing, but this book especially.  Its so whimsical and charming.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - This book is one of a kind.  Westerfeld is a brilliant writer {I started reading his Midnighters trilogy, and its good}.

No comments: