Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  I'm actually writing this a week late, but post-dating it.  I saw this on on another blog, and thought I would like to join in on this one, because there are definitely books that I've thought everyone read except me {Something Borrowed would have been on this list a month and a half ago}.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I think everyone has read this book.  Or at least read parts of it.  I've held a copy twice.  And I've constantly heard "This is such a good book!"


The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - This one is half true.  I read the first few books in the series {I got them free}, then I never finished it.  I've heard it has a good ending, but I never bothered to finish it!  So, if anyone would like to send me a copy of the last few, comment me with your email and I'll tell you how to get it to me!

The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin - Find me someone else who hasn't read this, I'll show you someone who's really not a reader.  I really have no idea why I haven't read this yet... because I don't own it?

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - I was homeschooled growing up, so I didn't have a whole lot of books on my "need to read" list for school.  So I've still never read this book!  Amazingly enough, I think this was the only book my younger brother read in high school.

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - I picked this up sometime in my early teens, read the first third or so of it, and had to take it back to the library.  I don't think I've picked it up since then.  Its a shame really - I feel that this should be read by all people who consider themselves "great readers", yet I've never read all of it.  Shame.

Any of the Sweet Valley High books by Francine Pascal - Yes, I'm part of that generation.  Along with the Babysitters Club.  And I haven't read one of them.  And, honestly, I've never had the desire to read any of them.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë -Its actually quite a shame that I haven't read this.  Its a classic.  And, like this list claims, everyone else has read it!  I just have had the most difficult time getting into this!

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - Okay, by "everyone" with this one, I'm talking about most of the YA reviewers out there.  And they all seem to think its ah-maz-ing.  Maybe I'll pick it up when I've gotten some more checked off my "to-read" list.

Matched by Ally Condie - Speaking of "to-read" lists... this is right at the top of mine.  I really want to read this.  It sounds interesting, and the second book is slated to be released soon, so I wouldn't have to wait forever to read the next in the trilogy.  {Am I the only one who hates picking up the first book in what's supposed to be a trilogy and have to wait a year to read the next, then another year after that?  I'm so glad I jumped on the Twilight books right before Breaking Dawn came out.  I think that would have killed me to wait for all of those!}

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver - I've had this on my list for a long time {maybe since 2007, but at least since 2009 on Goodreads}, and for some reason I just have never gotten around to reading it.  I'm pretty sure I could get it from the library, it just strikes me as a book I would have to be in a mood to read {kind of like anything by Chuck Palahniuk}.

No comments: