Sunday, February 26, 2012

ABC Reading Challenge

Okay then... I've been trying to catch up on book released last year and the year before, so why not add to that and, almost two months into the year, start something else?  Seeing as I have so much free time on my hands {laughs quietly at myself... free time?  What is that?}.  This is hosted by a few bloggers I follow... well, one I follow, and two of their blogger friends {I say "they" because multiple people contribute to that blog - Gripped into Books}.  So, to celebrate reading and the joy of finding new {hopefully good} books, I'll be attempting to finish:


So, I will be updating this list periodically... and I'm honestly not sure if I have any books to put on it just yet... I'm guessing most of these will be YA, as that's the genre I'm usually pulled towards... plus, 26 books on top of what I already want to read?  Yeah, they're going to be easier reads, thank you!

~ UPDATE: I thought it was books that came out this year... it can be books previously published!  Yes!!~

A ~ Austenland by Shannon Hale

B ~ Beastly by Alex Flinn

C ~ City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare {I love this series!}

D ~ The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

E ~ Endlessly by Kiersten White

F ~ Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury {because, after all these years, I still haven't finished this book!}

G ~ The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

H ~ Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

I ~ Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
OR
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

J ~ Juliet by Anne Fortier

K ~ Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle

L ~ Lost in Time by Melissa De La Cruz

M ~ My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

N ~ Northanger Alibi by Jenni James

O ~ Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn

P ~ Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Q ~

R ~ The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

S ~ Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor

T ~ Tin Soldier {Seven Halos #2} by Monica Leonelle.  I won this in a Goodreads giveaway, so if it ever comes in the mail its a must read.  However, anything I've won has not taken more than 6 weeks to be delivered, and I still have not gotten my copy. If it doesn't come, this will take its place:
Thumped by Megan McCafferty

U ~ Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

V ~ Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead

W ~ Winter's Shadow by M.J. Hearle {If anyone has a copy of this and would like to donate, I would be much obliged.  You can't get it here in the US.}  If I can't get my hands on a copy of this, then my W read will be {and I"m guessing this is the more likely of the two}:
What the Dickens: The Story of a Rouge Tooth Fairy by Gregory Macguire

X ~

Y ~

Z ~ Zombies Vs. Unicorns by Holly Black &


 I realize my list is incomplete... I will be adding more when I have the time!  Off to work I go!

No comments: