Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ten things I learned from Doctor Who

A headache has me with eyes that aren't focusing on the words in any book right now, so I thought I would share something I put up on my personal blog a few days ago.  This is just what happens when I don't get enough sleep and have been watching Doctor Who:


I'm a new Whovian, but it was inevitable.  I love the show, the Tenth Doctor is my doctor {although Eleven is a good regeneration of him too}, and I can't stand the word "exterminate" anymore.  If you're going to get all caught up in something, Doctor Who is it.  I was talking to the hubs the other day about Doctor Who and the things the show has taught me...


1. Don't go to London during Christmas.  Seriously.  It might look and seem lovely, but you might also end up caught in a Cybermen plot to take over the world.

2. When in doubt, run.  Running is okay.  If the Doctor tells you to run, you really should.  Also, saying Allons-y to whomever you're with before hand is good.

3. "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck."  I'm never going to a graveyard again.  There are Weeping Angels everywhere.


4. When walking about on the moon for the first time, its better to go shoeless than with only one.

5. Gingers are cool.  But if you're not one, don't be rude.  That just makes it worse.



6. Spoilers are not cool.

7. Glasses are cool.  It really doesn't matter what kind.

8. Don't wait for the Doctor to show up.  Go with him.  If you wait, it could be a year, a month or twelve years.  Or 30 seconds.  You never know.  So just go with.

9. Don't judge a public call box by the outward appearance.  You'd be surprised how much bigger on the inside it could really be.

10. Lastly, and certainly not least, books are weapons.  Libraries can be entire planets.  And shadows are monsters.

Are you a fan of the Doctor?  If so, how long have you been a fan?  I started watching a few months ago, and I love it!  I'm sad that I only have about a season and a half left on Netflix until I've watched everything they have available on there.  If you're not a fan, and you find yourself with some free time, I would check it out.  It is SO worth it.

No comments: