Sunday, July 28, 2013

In My Mailbox {8}

This is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  Its a great way to show what you won/bought/borrowed each week {or so}.  I might write one each week, but most likely every couple/few weeks... you'll just have to come and check it out!

Okay... I feel bad for neglecting my blog so much... its been over a year {!!} since I've participated on here with IMM!  Wow...  Moving on...

I had a HUGE haul this week.  I went a little crazy with the audiobooks at my library and borrowed six... and bought 7 books from Amazon with birthday money and giftcards... And borrowed one physical one from the library as well...  {and I feel like I'll be lucky to write two reviews on all of those... such is the life of a new mom!}

Audiobooks {borrowed from the library}
~ Requiem by Lauren Oliver.  I've wanted to read this for a while, and my husband actually bought me the physical copy of it for my birthday... but after listening to Insurgent last weekend, I'm now hooked on audiobooks, and had to borrow this from the library.
~ Fever & Sever by Lauren DeStefano.  I read Wither when it first came out, and have always been curious how this trilogy ends...
~ Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.  Loved Delirium and Pandemonium, so I'm hoping I'll like this since I enjoy her writing style so much.
~ Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers.  Again, I have the physical copy of this, but audio books make it so I can play with/watch my baby and still "read".
~ Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson.  I've seen mixed things about this book, but I saw it on the shelf at the library and was like "hey, I could take you home and give you a listen."

Books
{borrowed from the library}
~ The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.  Loved Brightly Woven {l.o.v.e.d.}, and I've hear SO many good things about this book.  After having a hold request for-eh-ver, my copy finally came in!

Books
{bought}
~ The Girl With The Iron Touch by Kady Cross.  I really enjoyed the first two in this series, so I thought I would pick up the third, too!
~The Mephisto Kiss by Trinity Faegen. YES.  I finally had money for my very own copy. *clutches it happily to my chest*
~ Gates of Paradise by Melissa De La Cruz.  I've been following this series since the first one came out, and now I'm finally going to see how all the twists and turns come to a conclusion.  Bittersweet.
~ Underworld & Awaken by Meg Cabot.  Holy sweet baby Jesus.  I LOVED the first two {originally borrowed from my local library}, and I had to buy them.  Read them, you'll see why!
~ The Golden Lily & The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead.  Vampire Academy was beyond awesome, this author has a kick-butt writing style, she knows how to keep the reader on their toes and make them get so excited, happy, mad, sitting-on-the-edge-of-their-seat, and crying out "why do I have to wait?!?" when they finish a book before the next one comes out.  I bought Bloodlines a while back at a local used book store, and have been waiting to get into it until I got at least the next few *grins*.

That was my haul!  What awesomeness did you get this week?

No comments: