Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stacking the Shelves {1} + In My Mailbox {9}

In My Mailbox was a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  I've been out of the loop, and just this weekend discovered it basically went kaput when she handed it off to another blog right before having her adorable little girl.  So this weekend I'm saying goodbye to In My Mailbox, and hello to...

That's right, I'm going to be hopping over to join those of you at who participate in Tynga's Reviews' weekly meme Stacking the Shelves!  Its a great way to show what you won/bought/borrowed each week {or so}.  I might write one each week, but most likely every couple/few weeks... you'll just have to come and check it out!

Most of the books I've gotten this week have been audio books to listen to with the babe.  I know I've pledged to read the written word {and I try to as much as I can}, but with a baby its really hard to do.  Between wanting to spend all the time I can with him, being a wife and working part time, I really don't have a whole lot of time for sitting down and reading, and audiobooks have helped me be able to enjoy the worlds I love in the written word.  Some of the audiobooks I've picked up this week include:

~ Insatiable by Meg Cabot.  After I picked this up cheap I realized I thought it was Abbandon, but I said I would read it anyway.  I hope to both listen and read this, like I did with

~ Austenland by Shannon Hale.  This went by a LOT faster then any of the other audiobooks I've listened to {Insurgent was a couple weeks to listen to, and Tiger Lily has been a few days}.  I started it one day and finished it the next {although I was also able to actually read the book too, which probably helped the consuming of the book go swiftly}.

I've picked up a few more for my Kindle {yay for free books!}, but the babe is awake and hungry, so off I go!

No comments: