Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday {14}


This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Every week there is a different top ten topic.  You can find the list of topics here, both past and upcoming.  This week is:

Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels

1. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken.  Her writing, their story... *sigh*  I want more!

2.  The Host by Stephenie Meyer.  C'mon!  If you haven't read this, then you don't know what I'm talking about as far as how it ends.  If you've seen the movie, you got a better ending than the book.  She just leaves us there saying "and then...?"!  I want more Wanda and Ian!

3.  Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw.  I read this for the first time either in my sophomore or junior year of high school.  I really enjoyed the story {I'm such a romantic history nut}, but I would have loved it if there was more.

4.  The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson.  I got this as a freebie from Amazon, and I was really just captivated by the story.  I love the era its set in, and the author just has a way with words, but it ends to quickly.  However, it is part of a series, the books just don't seem to really build off of each other.



5.  Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper.  Another abrupt ending to a pretty great story.  I read this one while home with a newborn, and I really got into it {for me to have finished anything when little D was first born was a miracle}.  This supposedly has a sequel coming out this December... crossing my fingers that its true!

6.  Grace In Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs.  Yes, this is number 4 in a series.  No, I apparently didn't get enough of this family's saga in just four books.  If you read it, you know why... I need my happily ever after!

7.  Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame.  This was a fun, quick read that I enjoyed... it would have been nice to see a bit of a "where are they now" type sequel.  Of course, I've been told I could just watch Downton Abbey...

8.  Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright & David Leslie Johnson.  While I was kind of in the middle of the road on this on, I would have liked to read what happened to everyone after the end of this story.  It was kind of one of those endings that was really left open for another story, but nothing came of that {what would you call a sequel to Red Riding Hood?  "The Hood Comes Off"?  Oh, that sounds dirty...}.

Okay, so I guess I only have eight.  I thought I had more, but I guess those were just more of  "I wish this book had a better sequel" or "Yay!  They're still writing this series!" kind of books.

No comments: