Sunday, August 11, 2013

Stacking The Shelves {2}

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies at Tynga's Reviews!  Its a great way to show what you won/bought/borrowed each week {or so}.  I might write one each week, but most likely every couple/few weeks... you'll just have to come and check it out!

This week was kind of the week of free Kindle books.  I admit, I used to go on Amazon's website and browse the Kindle books looking for anything interesting in their top free books {I kind of figure if I'm going to pay for a book, I'll get the physical copy of it.  Yeah, I'm one of those readers.}, along with some books and audio books from the library.

 Bought {Free for Kindle}:
~ Oddily by Linda Pohring.  I've been eying this ever since I saw a giveaway for it on Goodreads and didn't win.  And guess what?  Its free on Amazon. *does happy dance*
~ Everblue by Brenda Pandos.  I've been loving the mermaid books recently {who'da thunk it?}, so when I was browsing and read the description and saw it was free, how could I pass it up?  I think I may regret this if I end up loving it and need to buy the others in the series.
~ Sora's Quest by T.L. Shreffler.  I thought this might be more of a middle grade book when I saw the cover, but it looks like its more YA.  By the description, I'm guessing this is right up my alley.
~ A Job from Hell by Jayde Scott.  Okay, as a Whovian, all I needed to see was Scotland {David Tennant as the 10th Doctor is my Doctor!}.
~ Socialpunk by Monica Leonelle.  It looks interesting, so I figured why not.
~ Hallowed by Monica Leonelle.  This used to be Silver Smoke and Tin Soldier, but she re-wrote them into this one novella {at least, Amazon describes it as a novella}.

 Borrowed {audiobooks from the library}:
~Skylark by Meagan Spooner.  This looks SO good, and I just stumbled across it at the library after swooning over it for a couple months before it came out {that was over a year ago!}.
~ The Maze Runner by James Dashner.  Love The Hunger Games? Check.  Love Divergent?  Check.  Well, then you must check this out, or so I've been told {pun totally intended}.  Plus, its being made into a movie, so I must read the book first!

Borrowed {physical books from the library}:
~ Beauty by Nancy Ohlin.  I honestly thought this was a different book when I picked it up.  Oh well... maybe I'll get a pleasant surprise with this random pick!
~ Half-blood by Jennifer L Armentrout.  Okay, I've read the Lux novels that are out right now and LOVED them.  I ate them up.  If the writing style is the same, I'm pretty sure I'll love this too.  Even if it doesn't have Daemon in it *winks*.
~ Infatuate by Aimee Agresti.  I found the first one at my library sometime last year, read it and loved it.  So when I was browsing the shelves this last visit, I knew I needed to pick this one up!


What books have you added to your library this week?

No comments: