Friday, April 11, 2014

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi | Review



Title: Ignite Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 416
Publisher: HarperCollins
Goodreads rating: 4.51 stars
Published: February 4, 2014
Source: Hardcover/Bought

Description:

With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.


I will let you know right now that this review is probably going to be full of 
 

Why, thank you, River Song.  I couldn't have said it better myself!  That being stated, please do yourself a favor and read the other two {and possibly this one} before reading any further.  This book was a fan-freaking-tastic conclusion to the trilogy, and I really don't think Tahereh Mafi could have done a better job.  The only thing I would have liked to see would have been a little further into the future.  You know, because... oh, yeah, insert SPOILER here.

Juliette really comes into her own in Ignite Me.  For those of you who read Unravel Me and were a little disappointed in the weak, whiny girl she seemed to be, fear not!, Mafi seems to have let her shed that annoying skin and she's becoming a warrior woman.  However, if you are someone who enjoys when books have a whiny character that makes you want to chuck the book at them, he's lurking in the shadows in this one, too.  Yep, most people know I'm referring to Adam.  The very same Adam who we all fell in love with in Shatter Me, and {if you're like me} started to kind of push aside in Unravel Me {Team Warner all the way, baby!!}.  He completely got the boot from me in this book.  He felt almost irredeemable.  Except for James, who makes me go, "fine.  I'll put up with Adam for his sake."

Ignite Me has Tahereh Mafi's characteristic writing style, which always seems to leave me a little floored.  She's this amazing word-master, and I read her books and basically just let my jaw drop.  And the way she can make your heart shatter and then have you loving her at the end of it all... Way to go, Ms Mafi.  Way.  To.  Go.  This trilogy has earned Tahereh Mafi a spot on my Author Auto-Buy List {there are maybe two other authors on that list that I will buy without hesitating}.

I feel like writing too much more with give everything away.  But, as promised, here's a bit of a spoiler... I am SO Team Warner.  Always and forever, 'til the day I die.

No comments: