Thursday, May 10, 2018

Arrogant Devil by R.S. Grey | Review

Title: Arrogant Devil
Author: R.S. Grey
Pages: Unknown
Publisher: 
Self-published
Goodreads Rating: 4.73 stars
Published: March 10th, 2018
Source: eARC/from author

Description:


Everyone in Cedar Creek, Texas, knows Jack McNight is an arrogant devil. Physically, I get it: he’s tan and fit, with coal-black hair that’s clearly been scorched by hellfire. Oh, and his personality? It burns just as hot.

When I show up on the doorstep of Blue Stone Ranch, I’m run-down and rockin’ my last pair of underwear. I’m hoping for a savior, but instead, I find him.

My opinion of Jack is marred by a dismal first impression, but his opinion of me is tainted even before I arrive. He’s heard I’m a spoiled princess there to take advantage of his goodwill. To him, I’m more trouble than I’m worth.

Our button-pushing banter should get under my skin. His arrogance should be a major turn-off. Problem is, devils are known to offer their own form of temptation.

Every one of his steely glares sends a shiver down my spine.

Every steamy encounter leaves me reeling.

Sure, it could be the Texas heat messing with my head, but there’s no way I’ll survive the summer without silencing him with a kiss and wrestling him out of those Wranglers.

Who knows…going to bed with the devil might just be the salvation I’ve been looking for all along
. 

My Thoughts:

She's done it again! R.S. Grey is definitely the queen of Rom Com, and I tip my hat to her.  Arrogant Devil has a bit more drama than her other books, and I just want to throw out a bit of a trigger warning with this one because of the verbal abuse flashbacks.


Meredith looks like she has the perfect life, and most everyone in her life sees it through Instagram-tinted glasses.  So everyone in her life is stunned when she up and leaves her husband of five years in the middle of the night with nothing but the designer clothes on her back.  But she knew she couldn't pack or plan it without chickening out at the last minute.

Jack is married to his ranch, and that's the way he likes it.  He doesn't want to trust anyone {other than his grandmother, Edith} and he won't love anyone and he sure as hades doesn't want a spoiled California princess as a housekeeper, especially if she's going to be running back to her husband after her tantrum subsides.  At least, that's what he thinks.

I'll admit I was a little wary of this book, only because Rachel writes the romance part of Rom Com so well, and Meredith, while having been checked out of her marriage for quite a long time, is still married in the eyes of the law.  I found myself both wanting to see Meredith and Jack get together and not wanting it to happen.  And while Rachel is also the queen of Slow Burn, she did a great job building up the relationship between Jack and Meredith without concentrating on the sexual aspect.  There are steamy bits, but most of that waits until what I would consider a decent time for both of them.

Watching the relationship between Meredith and Jack grow was brilliant and beautiful.  And along with gaining a friend in Jack, she gains family with Edith, something she never really had, despite having both her parents living and well and a older half sister too.  To see Meredith gain a family after not having had one for so long and being trapped in a horrible marriage made my heart so happy.  R.S. Grey always gives her couples their happily ever after, but the journeys are always so different and great to go on with some amazing characters.  Arrogant Devil fits that bill, and was a very entertaining read!

No comments: