Sunday, July 8, 2012

In My Mailbox {7}

This is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  Its a great way to show what you won/bought/borrowed each week {or so}.  I might write one each week, but most likely every couple/few weeks... you'll just have to come and check it out!

This week {and the last few} have been kind of interesting for me, as I now have reason to be reading these books:
Yep, the Hubs and I are hoping to welcome a little one into our family this February!  {Those of you who are wondering, we've been married almost 5 years and, no, it wasn't a teenage wedding!}  However, with all the pregnancy, birthing, etc books that I will be reading, I can guarantee I will be trying to keep up with my regular reading as well.  The most difficult part with that is the fact that Little One is sucking the life out of me and I'm tired.  A lot.

Aside from pregnancy books {which I've actually had for a while}, I picked up these gems this week...
Won:
The Reckoning by Alma Katsu {thanks to Swapna Khrishna at S. Khrishna's Books and her giveaway!} - For some reason I totally thought these were YA books, because I've kind of seen them here and there in the YA blogsphere, but they aren't.  Still definitely worth the read!

From the Library:
The Taker by Alma Katsu - Figured since I won the second one, I should start with the first, right?  Pretty interesting so far, but has been hard to read almost anything since I've been so tired!
The Dark Divine by Bree Despain - I've heard good things about this, so I figured I would give it a shot.
Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey - I have to admit, the first thing I noticed about this was major cover lovin'.  I've read good things about it, and its a 3.8 on Goodreads, which usually means its going to be pretty decent.
Immortal City by Scott Speer - I've picked this up and put it down many times while browsing the shelves at my local bookstore.  Then I realized I could just get it from the library.  I'm really hoping it will have a different take on angels, because Halo left me hating them.
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - This one has just looked interesting from the moment I was able to read the description.  I don't think I've read anything like it, and I'm excited for when I get to start reading this one!

Purchased:
{some that I already read but didn't have in my library}
The first three in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.  I picked up the last three when I went to Powells at the end of April, and finally got a good deal on the first three!

3 comments:

Teresa Mary Rose said...

Oh I love Vampire Academy so so much! I really want to read Immortal City and Incarnate.

Happy Reading! My IMM

Teresa - new follower

Unknown said...

Congrats! and I need to read The VAmpire Academy Series!

Christine said...

Congratulations :) Thank you for sharing what looks like a great list of books! I just found your blog and will def be reading from now on. I just added some summer reading lists to my new blog if you want to take a look: http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/
Thanks again!